Community Outreach Worker
22.5 hours per week
Temporary position until the end of December 2022
Salary – £20,000 (£12,000 actual pro rata)
To support with the delivery of the Greener Together project. You will engage with the immediate community of Park Ward & Calderdale wide to encourage attendance at Greener Together activities delivered from the Outback Community Garden and The Workshop at Hanson Lane. Engagement activities will be delivered in line with the green economy agenda, including educational workshops, events and environmental learning opportunities.
You will need:
- Experience in a community role which entails direct, proactive contact with members of the public
- Good knowledge of the people, neighbourhoods and community resources within Calderdale
- Experience in cross-cultural working
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet project requirements & targets
The successful candidate will have a passion for community engagement, be enthusiastic and knowledgeable with experience of working within the local community.
We offer opportunities for ongoing professional development and further training.
Halifax Opportunities Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and providing equal opportunities in employment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
The closing date for applications is Friday 3rd June 2022 @ 5:00pm
For an informal discussion regarding the above posts please contact
Lisa Connelly on 01422 347392 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit our website at www.regen.org.uk and download an application pack