Macmillan Community Engagement Manager
Based at Hanson Lane Enterprise Centre
37.5 hours per week
Fixed term contract until March 2027
Halifax Opportunities Trust is seeking to appoint a Macmillan Community Engagement Manager to join our Central Halifax Community & Wellbeing Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, delivering and driving a new and exciting programme in partnership with Macmillan Cancer support, The Cancer Community Engagement Project. This project will engage and support adults from diverse communities in Calderdale around awareness and prevention of different types of cancers by addressing barriers in accessing support services with a view of improving screening uptake.
- Manage all aspects of service delivery for the Cancer Community Engagement Project
- Work closely with diverse communities in Calderdale working alongside health professionals to address barriers for groups accessing cancer services.
- promote and raise awareness of preventative measures to reduce risks of developing cancers and making positive lifestyle choices.
You should apply for this role if you have
- Experience of working with adults from a wide range of backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- A genuine interest in working with vulnerable people
- Level 2 Literacy
- Experience of working within a community setting and/or with people from disadvantaged groups
What Halifax Opportunities Trust has to offer
- Accredited Living Wage Foundation Employer
- 30 days Annual leave plus Bank Holidays per year
- Full time contract only 37.5 hrs per week, Monday – Friday
- In house training and support with professional qualifications
- Mindful employer, a national initiative supporting employees to take a positive approach towards mental health at work
- Full sick pay after a qualifying period
Halifax Opportunities Trust is committed to safer recruitment policies and practices. This post is subject to an appropriate DBS (disclosure & barring) check and two satisfactory references from the last 3 years of employment.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23rd February 2024 @ 5pm
For an informal discussion regarding the above post please contact
Farrakh Hafiz on 01422 347392
To apply, please view the job description and personal specification and click apply now
Click on the below ‘apply now’ button to complete the online application form
Please note that we do not accept CVs as a form of application.
Halifax Opportunities Trust is an accredited organisation of the Living Wage Foundation
Our values describe the way we interact with local people while delivering our activities across Calderdale and also how we behave with our work colleagues, our partners and other stakeholders.
We believe in equity, opportunity and growth for all employees.
People are integral in how we live up to our values and purpose of creating a vibrant multi-cultural and self-sustaining community. That’s why we’re dedicated to providing a working environment that helps you thrive.
As a charity, our day-to-day is underpinned by doing good. This doesn’t only apply to the 1,700 people we reach each day, it also applies to the 180 people who work at Halifax Opportunities Trust. We like to recognise the good things our employees do, which is why we celebrate when people go above and beyond to bring our values to life, with acknowledgement awards. Furthermore, we’re driven by the following three principles:
- Equity – we recognise you are an individual and want ensure we treat you like one, so we’ll work with you so you have the tools and support to succeed.
- Opportunity – just like our name suggests, our work revolves around opportunity. We create, and encourage employees to take, opportunities that will make them feel fulfilled in work and life.
- Growth – your work should inspire growth, both personally and professionally, so we work with you to identify beneficial career progression and development pathways.
It’s people who make us great.