Purpose and values
We are very clear about our purpose at HOT and how we meet our charitable objectives.
We are here to create a vibrant multi-cultural and self-sustaining community.
Equally important is how we carry out our work which is steered by our organisational values. These describe the way we interact with local people while delivering our activities across Calderdale and also how we behave with our work colleagues, our partners and other stakeholders.
We are enterprising
- And innovative in our approach
- So we run community businesses that create income for our charitable activities
- We accept commercial realities when making decisions
- With our colleagues at HOT
- With other social organisations to support the community
- And actively seek partnership opportunities
- So we buy local wherever possible
- About the people that use HOT’s service, our colleagues and our visitors
- That everyone reaches their full potential
- About environmental sustainability
- About the quality of services we provide
We are committed
- To bringing communities together
- To listening to the community to shape our services
- To finding solutions, not excuses
- To our roots in Park ward
The Trust is proud of the quality of the activities we carry out across the borough and have various externally verified awards which objectively assess the standard of HOTs provision. As an overall quality standard, we hold the Quality for Health & Wellbeing Level 2 award. We have Matrix accreditation for our Information, Advice and Guidance services (including employment and work-based learning). Three of our nurseries have been classed as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted and all the Children Centre nurseries also hold the Soil Association Food for Life Early Years Award.
In terms of employment and volunteering, we are a proud Real Living Wage Employer and a signatory of the Mindful Employer charter, to show our commitment to wellbeing in the workplace. We have the Calderdale Volunteer Award which shows that we offer an excellent volunteering experience.