Staying Well is our flagship project to tackle social isolation within central Halifax. The service supports people to engage in social activities and health services in the community. There are lots of community groups and all kinds of things to do from Art to Zumba!
Staying Well is aimed at adults who are 18 years and over. The Staying Well team works alongside adults to access social activities and health & wellbeing related services in the community. The project runs regular groups and workshops every week as well as one-off get-togethers.
Read the inspiring story of Ahmed and see how Staying Well helped him to turn his life around.
Read Sylvia’s story and see how Staying Well encouraged getting back out there and breaking the social isolation cycle.
Why are we doing this?
The project aims to:
- reduce loneliness and social isolation;
- reduce health inequalities;
- improve health and wellbeing;
- reduce demand on GP practices and hospitals; and
- improve how we all work together.
How are we doing it?
- By making tailored connections between lonely or isolated older people in the community with local groups, activities and services.
- By creating more connected communities, networks and opportunities.
How do I find out more or get support?
You can find out more information about your area, or make a referral by contacting our Staying Well worker Sophie Lorimer on 07825 957786.
|Day and Time||Group|
10:30am - 12:00noon
|Yaadein (reminiscence) Group|
1:00pm - 2:00pm
10.30 am- 12.00 noon
|Knit & Natter|